Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Default "home" in page menu, how do I attach a post or page to it?

Old Apr 18, 2009, 07:20 AM
LoneGunman

1 posts · Apr 2009
I know this is probably a stupid question but I have spent over 3 hours or so looking and changing things to try to figure it out. I deleted the post or page that the default "home" in the page menu points to and I cannot figure out how to get it back. I can create a post or page but I cannot figure out how to get it to work with the "home" in the page menu. Below my header I have the "something you are looking for is not here" message.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 05:49 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
If you put the word "Home" or another Word/Phrase into Theme Options -> Page Menu Bar -> Home link in Page Menu Bar, a link with that Word/Phrase will be added on the left hand side of the page menu bar, and the link will point to your homepage at yourdomain.com/
Old Aug 1, 2010, 05:34 PM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
If you put the word "Home" or another Word/Phrase into Theme Options -> Page Menu Bar -> Home link in Page Menu Bar, a link with that Word/Phrase will be added on the left hand side of the page menu bar, and the link will point to your homepage at yourdomain.com/
Sorry, but this isn't working for me, I think.

My site is here: http://www.gbw247.info/gh-a/

The page that SHOULD be the HOME page is actually: http://www.gbw247.info/gh-a/?page_id=2

The internal structure isn't a problem, but when pointing to the top level site address, it goes to the wrong page.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Graham.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:55 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What is in the Site address (URL) box in the General setting of WordPress? That should be the address of your home page.