Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Category search question....

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 7, 2009, 01:49 AM
JakeThePeg

37 posts · Aug 2009
Category search question....

Howdy. I have a category search on the Home page of my site shackn.com. It uses the following code:

Code:
<form action="<?php bloginfo('url'); ?>" method="get">
 <?php wp_dropdown_categories('hierarchical=1'); ?>
 <input type="submit" name="submit" value="view" />
 </form>
In relation to the way I write posts and assign them to specific categories, my technique is as follows:

*Every post is assigned a location from the children of "Location" category.
*Every post is ALSO assigned to EITHER the "Accommodation" or "Surfbreaks" category.

On the "Results page", after the user selects from the drop-down list on the homepage and presses "Submit", I would like the results of this search, to only display posts from only the "Surfbreaks" category, but not the "Accommodation" category as well.

Any ideas how do I do this?