Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Show your work here!

Old Feb 9, 2009, 09:25 AM
gesman

35 posts · Feb 2009
Show your work here!

Here's my creation using Atahualpa theme
http://www.memberwing.com/

I was looking for theme that could enable the following:
  • Allows creating of wide tables that would fit well on screen (I need feature comparison table that would nicely fit on screens)
  • Flexibility of 1, 2 or zero sidebars
  • Flexibility of choice between fixed-width and fluid layouts
  • Flexibility of multilevel unobtrusive menus for both pages and categories
  • Simplicity. I have commercial software website and any distraction won't be good.

Atahualpa seems to allow all that + great support.
I think I'll be adding support forum on my site soon as well.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 02:03 PM
mamboe29

11 posts · Apr 2009
Netherlands
@gesman,

I had a look at your site and the table you have on the homepage looks very good!

I want to add a flexible table to enter quotes into (month, quote, author) but have no clue as to how I do this??

Being new to CSS/HTML and all, i really need simple instructions.

So I guess my question is.. care to share how did you build your table in atahualpa? how do you add additional rows?

My site is www.madeleineboerma.com and I want to add the table to the page quotes.

Thanks! Mamboe
Old Jun 11, 2009, 03:16 PM
gesman

35 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Mamboe,
basically I built table in HTML and then pasted it at a source code (HTML) level inside wordpress editor in HTML mode.
Wordpress editor is kinda sucky - so for things like that I had to go directly to HTML mode to make sure things look as I want.

Gleb
Membership Site Software
Old Jun 11, 2009, 04:28 PM
mamboe29

11 posts · Apr 2009
Netherlands
@gesman, thanks!

What i did in the meantime, as I find myself wanting to solve these puzzles even if it takes me till past midnight.. i found the plugin WP-table.. and installed that. It works! http://tobias.baethge.com/wordpress-...-english/#demo in case others are interested too.

For me, building a table in HTML which I was afraid you were going to respond, is quite something. So far, the widget works. Still having some trouble with borders as the ccs style sheet does not allow itself to be overwritten despite the right privileges but I will find a way too..

Thanks for your quick response! Much appreciated!

Ciao Mamboe
Old Jun 11, 2009, 05:39 PM
gesman

35 posts · Feb 2009
No problem - thank you for hint re: table plugin.
I certainly would prefer to use GUI vs. HTML way.

Gleb
Membership Site Software
Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:57 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
To build tables, you can also use the TinyMCE Advanced plugin, which adds a table builder and many other nice features to the built-in WP editor.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 08:18 PM
Lawrence

2 posts · Apr 2009
Send a message via Yahoo to Lawrence Send a message via Skype™ to Lawrence
Here's the site I've done for SeiYaKan Wado Karate I train in... http://www.seiyakan.com/

Cheers!