Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Catergories won't appear on main menu

Old Jan 8, 2013, 09:40 AM
Virtualmotorpix

21 posts · Nov 2012
[SOLVED] Catergories won't appear on main menu

Hi, is there something I need to change somewhere so that when adding a category to the menu it displays and functions? At the moment I've added the categories to the menu but they're not displaying as a drop down list.

I've just tried the same thing on the old .com blog using twenty twelve and it seems to work fine.

Any ideas?

Thank you for any help in advance.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 09:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
how are you building the menu?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 02:00 AM
Virtualmotorpix

21 posts · Nov 2012
Just using the menu option under 'Appearance' It's fine if I set up a new page but to use the menu with listed categories, they just don't appear.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 03:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
so at dashboard->apperances->menus, In the 'Theme Locations->Menu 1' option you have a menu
then if you select that menu in the main section and add a category to it and hit 'Save Menu' - are you saying when you go to the front end, that new category doesn't show up?
are there any posts in that category?

also note if you have 'cat a' and you add a 'cat b' and say it is a sub category of 'cat a', 'cat b' won't automatically show up in the menu when you add 'cat a'. You have to manually add 'cat b' and if you want it as a sub menu item, you need to move it to the right of 'cat a'

actually you could make 'cat a' a sub menu of 'cat b' if you wanted. the custom menu is very powerful...

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 9, 2013 at 04:03 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 05:20 AM
Virtualmotorpix

21 posts · Nov 2012
Argh! Completely overlooked Theme Location. Sorry.

Thank you!