Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Breadcrumbs plugins always show first post

Old Mar 28, 2009, 10:49 AM
tikdi

7 posts · Feb 2009
Hi,
I tried using Breadcrumbs ( 2 different plugins) by inserting the relevant code in index.php. (Got the exact position from this forum, thanks!)

Now,
The Breadcrumbs menu shows perfectly, but the problem is it always shows the 'last' post in any post.

I managed to find the reason for this as under:

Quote:
This is caused by a secondary loop in your theme which is not behaving “nicely”. The secondary loop should not modify the variable $post, and if it does, the variable $post should be returned to it’s original state afterward. At the moment, Breadcrumb NavXT depends on the $post variable being correct.
Please guide me how to correct the loop...
Anand.

Last edited by tikdi; Mar 28, 2009 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Title incomplete
Old Mar 30, 2009, 08:03 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I am not using a 2nd loop as far as I can see but one of the How-Tos here on the forum may have included a 2nd loop. Anyways, try putting
PHP Code:
<?php $wp_query->rewind_posts(); ?>
right before the breadcrumb code.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 09:29 PM
tikdi

7 posts · Feb 2009
Thank you Flynn,
That worked perfectly.
Anand.