Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] OK to update Bug Fixes in Dashboard Theme Editor?

Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:44 AM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
[SOLVED] OK to update Bug Fixes in Dashboard Theme Editor?

Hi..

I forgot to do the bug fixes in my manual install of ATA 3.7.3..

Do I have to apply them in the Host File Manager (which is a real PIA due to encoding options and all)....

or can I just apply them in the WP Dashboard in the ATA Theme editor...
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can do them in the theme editor
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:02 AM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
you can do them in the theme editor

Thanks ..

I would encourage anyone reading this post to do a manual upgrade instead of the automatic...

I usually do the automatic and did the manual for the first time. It is actually easy once you get familiar with it...

AND, in case something changes or you forget to upload or change something that you had done in the previous version, you have the ability to fall back on the old working version while you figure it out...

and speaking of figuring out...I think an important point to bring up is...Yopu will need to reset your menus in the WP dashboard...

The menus will still be there, just enter the page or cat menu in the dropdown and save the menu list that is there from the old site and you7r menu bars will work again...

I think that should be added to the "manual update" instructions....as it was the only thing that changed on the site when the new version went live and confused me for a bit till I figured out what the heck was wrong..(with support help, of course)
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
The menus will still be there, just enter the page or cat menu in the dropdown and save the menu list that is there from the old site and you7r menu bars will work again...

I think that should be added to the "manual update" instructions....
good point...it's been added -when I wrote it, the wordpress menu feature did not exist.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:44 AM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
good point...it's been added -when I wrote it, the wordpress menu feature did not exist.

Glad I could help in a small way..

BTW, instead of using an FTP...I just rezipped the folder and uploaded through the "Apperance>Themes>install Themes>upload" in the WP dashboard...

Worked great (Larry tried it also, worked for him too)....I think that is important to note in the "manual updates" as I bet many people (me included) have not used an FTP and only use the dashboard for updates and changes...
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:59 AM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
I have anothjer quick question..

When I DL'd the zip folder for BFA_post info the instructions in the the bug fix post say to unzip thye folder...

All I did was go into the folder, open the PHP file and there it is..

Why the need to unzip?..Am I missing something?