Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Unwanted horizontal scroll bar

Old Mar 4, 2009, 01:04 PM
mwiwchar

17 posts · Feb 2009
Unwanted horizontal scroll bar

Somewhere in the midst of all my work a horizontal scroll bar appeared on my site. It's not needed, but I have no idea why it's there or how to fix it. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Site

Thank you,

Michele
Old Mar 4, 2009, 04:01 PM
bpbaker

23 posts · Dec 2008
Whitstable, Kent, England.
The scroll bar is appearing because of the width of your page. Although it is set for 99% there is a problem in your horizontal menu where an invisible tag is starting at 632px from the left meaning this element ends way over the intended right edge.

See the image which uses Firebug highlighting the problem area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	too_wide.jpg
Views:	1789
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	59  
Old Mar 4, 2009, 04:11 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=122 post #19 for the newest & final technique for centering the menu bar without that scrollbar