Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Opaque Background in Post Container

Old Jun 19, 2010, 08:34 PM
Veggie Wedgie

6 posts · Jun 2010
Hello,
On my blog, www.veggie-wedgie.com,
I am trying to figure out how to make the whole post container have a white-opaque background color (Only the post container box) so that the post is easier to read.
Does anyone know a code for this?

So far I have used this code
filter:alpha(opacity=60);

but that makes the pictures and the text transparent as well. I just want to create a box (where the post will be in) that is slightly more opaque than the background of the post only.
Need code

Any help will be appreciated.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 05:19 AM
Veggie Wedgie

6 posts · Jun 2010
Anyone that might know the answer?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:17 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You would do this within the Atahualpa Theme Options. Take a look in ATO>Style POSTS & PAGES. Try adding a background in the appropriate boxes there.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 01:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I just wanted to add that I like the transparent background for what it's worth. I would however add fixed to the end of the background image code so the background doesn't scroll.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:25 PM
Veggie Wedgie

6 posts · Jun 2010
Thank you, all fixed. I made the transparency on photoshop and saved it as a png image.
I will do that!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 01:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
One other thing I noticed is that you page loads a bit slow. That is at least partially because some if your images are quite large. For instance the second picture down is over 300 Kb. They should all be less than 100 Kb.