Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Struggling to get <ul> with bullets in s/bar (apologies for reopening old subject)

Old Aug 2, 2010, 01:49 PM
NeilC

47 posts · Jun 2010
Runcorn, Cheshire, UK
Send a message via Skype™ to NeilC
Struggling to get <ul> with bullets in s/bar (apologies for reopening old subject)

I have been over and over the the various solutions in http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1149 but after a couple of hours of getting nowhere fast, I could do with some help!

I am using Atahualpa 353 and WP 3.0 and I am simply trying to get bullets to show in recent comments and recent posts in the sidebar widget. I want the existing 1px border, but both recent comments and recent posts should show as a <ul> with a round gray bullet.

I have a list of "small" jobs to do with the page style of my site www.betpremier.co.uk and each day I try to complete either one larger task or a couple of smaller tasks. I imagined this to be one of those small tasks!

Could somebody please help before my head explodes!

Also, any recommendations for a decent "advanced widget" that allows me to specify a category for recent posts?

Best regards all
Old Aug 2, 2010, 02:28 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Here is a solution
HTML Code:
#recent-posts-2 ul li {margin-left:10px;background: url("http://betpremier.co.uk/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/bullets/round-gray.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 7px transparent;padding:1px 5px 1px 12px;}
There are other bullet images in the bullets folder referenced as well or you could make your own.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 02:40 PM
NeilC

47 posts · Jun 2010
Runcorn, Cheshire, UK
I have added that directly into the "Add HTML/CSS Inserts" of ATO.

Doesn't seem to solve anything unfortunately.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 02:53 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Here is some code that should affect all the lists in widgets
HTML Code:
div.widget li {
background:  url("http://betpremier.co.uk/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/bullets/round-gray.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 7px transparent;
padding-left:20px !important;
}
Old Aug 2, 2010, 03:02 PM
NeilC

47 posts · Jun 2010
Runcorn, Cheshire, UK
Sorry Miles. still no effect! I am wondering if something else (stylesheet for a plug-in maybe) is causing a style to be inherited.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 03:06 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I don't know what's happening. It worked in my test environment. Here is a silly thing to try but it has worked at times. Try putting one of the suggestions I gave you at the top of CSS Inserts. If that's where you put it the first time then try the bottom. There have been times when that placement has made a difference.