Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

ATA and the latest version of Simple Press Forum issue

Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:44 PM
Shama

76 posts · Jun 2010
Simple Press came out with a totally redesigned forum plugin, version 5. They list several requirements in order to install it. Here is the text:

"Simple:Press requires and is only supported on the version of jQuery and the jQuery UI components supplied with your version of WordPress. Sadly many themes and plugins insist on loading their own, out-dated and often incompatible versions instead of using the WordPress API. Worse, some load jQuery from the Google CDN. In many cases, such sources are not compatible with Simple:Press."

Does this sound like Simple Press version 5 would work with ATA or do you see any potential conflicts based on the above requirements?

Thanks.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Atahualpa lets WordPress load jquery - to guarantee this, you should test it on your test site (you do have a site for testing major changes like this don't you?)
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:56 AM
Shama

76 posts · Jun 2010
As a matter of fact I do have a test site, but to be honest it did not occur to me to run a test installation of the forum plugin in there. Thanks for the tip!