Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

How to remove the Sociable plugin from some pages

Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:36 AM
JulesG

47 posts · Sep 2011
Atahualpa 3.7.3 Sociable 4.1.5 WP 3.3.1

I'm using the Sociable plugin by inserting %sociable% in FOOTER: Single posts and FOOTER: Page Pages. It works fine.

However, the plugin also appears in the Profile page where I don't want it to appear. How can I exclude some pages ?

Thanks for your help
Jules
Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Look at the source of the page, find the area that is displaying the sociable code and see if you can put a 'display:none;" on it with CSS
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:53 AM
JulesG

47 posts · Sep 2011
Thanks for trying Juggledad.

Unfortunately, this is beyond my programming knowledge

Playing with old style HTML is ok, modifying CSS is also ok, but this one is too much...

Regards
Jules
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:09 AM
JulesG

47 posts · Sep 2011
Humm... I should have looked at the obvious before asking this question !

I found this in the WordPress Sociable forum:
Quote:
If you wanna disable it at all at some page, then there is "Disable Sociable" at at admin panel when editing page: "Check This To Disable Sociable 2 On This Post Only.
This solves the problem for Atahualpa pages, like Login. I have yet to find a solution for the Profile page, which is down at Wordpress level.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:49 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesG
Playing with old style HTML is ok, modifying CSS is also ok, but this one is too much...
All you would be doing is playing with CSS. You can use a tool like the Firebug extension for Firebox to determine the selectors and even virtually play with the CSS. The you just copy what works and paste it into the CSS Inserts box of the theme options.