Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Auto Draft appears instead of post title

Old May 13, 2010, 02:03 PM
pvelte

38 posts · Apr 2010
I have Atahualpa 3.4.4 installations on two different sites and in each installation (WordPress 3.0 beta2) Auto Draft shows up in the Body Title Single Pages and Body Title Multi Post Pages by default. This is driving my clients nuts because Auto Draft then appears in place of the Post Title on the blog.

How can I remove this default in the Body Title Single Pages and Body Title Multi Post Pages so they don't have to remember to remove it to get the actual Post title to display?

I have Ataluahlpa 3.4.4. running on several other sites without this problem (WordPress 2.9.2) -- please don't tell me I have to reinstall WP!!!

Thank you.
Old May 13, 2010, 05:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
lets see, it works in 3.4.4 with wp 2.9.2 but doesn't word with 3.4.4 and wp 3.0 beta....Hmmmm
what happens if you go to the default theme?
is there an option in wp 3.0 beta to save things as Auto Drafts? can you shut it off in a wp option?
why are you using a beta for a client?
Old May 14, 2010, 12:44 PM
pvelte

38 posts · Apr 2010
Thank you for the reply. The hosting company had the default install set for WP 3.0 beta 2 and I just went with it. The blogs are now active and my clients aren't too keen on me changing themes and settings at this point.

I've attached a screen capture of where Auto Draft shows up in the "Atahualupa Post Options" area. In case that helps.

I greatly appreciate your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Auto-Draft.jpg
Views:	3055
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	500  
Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:30 PM
Spookyville

1 posts · Jun 2010
Have just upgraded to wordpress version 3 and also atahualpa to version 3.4.9 and I have also started to get auto draft appearing as the subject on all new posts made. Any help appreciated, thanks.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
first, upgrade to 3.5.1, then go to 'Configure SEO' and set 'Use Post / Page Options?' to NO
Old Jun 18, 2010, 08:31 PM
strangelove

29 posts · Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
first, upgrade to 3.5.1, then go to 'Configure SEO' and set 'Use Post / Page Options?' to NO
I had the same problem after upgrade to 3.5.1. Resolved by "go to 'Configure SEO' and set 'Use Post / Page Options?' to NO"

Thank you!
Old Jun 19, 2010, 02:56 AM
APerson

8 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
This did not work for me.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 03:02 AM
Mosh

5 posts · Jun 2009
Same as APerson. I just upgraded to WP3 which notified me that it could automatically upgrade Atahualpa to 3.4.9 which I did. Since then, every post has the title "Auto Draft".

I tried updating to 3.5.1 manually and the SEO option mentioned was already set to "No". Hence the problem still remains
Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Check the post that is having the problem to see if there are some custom fields starting with 'bfa', if so delete them. This could occurs if the post was made while 3.4.6 or lower was installed so that post would automatically get the atahualpa post options. New posts will not have them.

If you want to get rid of the atahualpa post options for all old posts, I believe there is a thread showing the SQL you could issue to get rid of them.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:47 AM
Mosh

5 posts · Jun 2009
*kerching* that fixed the post. Tested and new posts don't have the "problem" fields in either.

Thanks!

Iain
Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:55 AM
giddykipper

7 posts · Jun 2010
I hope you're there, JuggleDad! Live site, upgrade to WP3, AtaH 3.4.6, no SEO option as described. Deleting the custom fields isn't working, they just reappear! Help!?!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 05:01 AM
giddykipper

7 posts · Jun 2010
Solved! Worry not, keep up the good work!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 05:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
In 3.4.6 it wasn't an option. The option was added in 3.5.1

if you do a forum search with 'atahualpa page option' I think you will find the post telling you how to disable the atahualpa post options.

Or, you could try turning the auto draft feature off