Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] (rotating) Header Image Doubled/Cropped when resizing window

Old Jan 17, 2016, 08:09 AM
emillian

5 posts · Feb 2013
Hallo everyone,

I am using (WP 4.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.24 with WooCommerce). I recently increased the height of my header image. (site www.joliemolly.ch). I now noticed that when resizing my window or when viewing the site on an ipad or iphone the header image appears as a scaled version over a cropped version of itself (see attached screenshot).

This behaviour does not happen when I use just 1 header image.

I am using a fluid layout (92%) with a max layout width of 1400px (min 320). I also followed the instructions on how to make the site How To make Atahualpa pass Google's 'Mobile-Friendly Test'). I searched thru the forum but have not been able to find a solution. Any ideas ?

Many thanks for the help.

Kind regards

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screencapture.jpg
Views:	1328
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	2732  
Old Jan 17, 2016, 05:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
This behaviour does not happen when I use just 1 header image.
are you using rotating header images?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:08 PM
emillian

5 posts · Feb 2013
Yes, I am using rotating images. I just noticed that it this behavior only appears on the "start" page of the site, on any other page the header functions correctly (e.g. when resizing the window part of the header image just disappaers) So it maybe a conflict in some way with Woocommerce (as the start page is also the shop page).
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:42 AM
emillian

5 posts · Feb 2013
I solved the issue by changing the settings in Woocommerce / Products / Display and removed the shop page (e.g. do not set a shop-page) and using a different method (visual composer / product categories) to show the product categories on the main page.