Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] header per page solution didnt work

Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:12 AM
wissevdm

4 posts · Dec 2012
[SOLVED] header per page solution didnt work

Hi,

I am trying to get a specific header image per page/post and in this thread http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4389 the suggestion was made to use a plugin called: dynamic headers.

I have tried it, copied the code into the ATO,Configure Header Area box
and set the minimum of CSS insert, of course installed plugin and made the extra folder needed and set up the permissions on it. I uploaded some headers in it, but none show up if i select them with a new page or amend an old one.

any ideas?

www.femverkoopstyling.nl

Last edited by wissevdm; Dec 21, 2012 at 04:21 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what part of that threas did you use? there are several suggestions.
do you just wnt different images or do you want different images that each link to a different place?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:04 AM
wissevdm

4 posts · Dec 2012
hello,

I would like to have specific images show up on specific pages. i used the way which requires the installation of the dynamic headers plugin.

I installed the pluginn, made the requied folder and put some images in there.

I insterted the following into the configure header area
<div id="dheader"><?php if(function_exists('show_media_header')){ show_media_header(); } ?></div>

and i added to the ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
#dheader { overflow: hidden; }

I made a new page to test, selected an image in a new page and published it. no images show up.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
why not try this: HOWTO: have one header image on one page, and another image on another page
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:22 AM
wissevdm

4 posts · Dec 2012
I will give it a try, thank you very much. that looks pretty easy since i dont expect to have more then a few pages and categories.
How do you have a static homepage though?
you posted this in the other thread. does that solve the problem? (of course i change the ID to the one thats my home page.)

body.home div#imagecontainer,
body.page-id-88 div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url(http://yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-c...r/homepage.jpg) !important;}
background-image: url(http://yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-c...r/homepage.jpg) !important;}

Thanks alot really appreciate it
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you put one image in the atahualpa/images/header folder, that will be the default image and show on any page you don't use the css for.