Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Available Widgets -- Which Should I Enable

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 6, 2009, 07:01 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
[SOLVED] Available Widgets -- Which Should I Enable

This is likely a newbie question but I can't find it answered so here it goes ... BTW, I'm developing on XP Pro, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, etc.

I'm getting ready to set up widgets on my new site (currently in dev mode) but I'm a bit confused about which BFA widgets to add.

In Available Widgets it shows I can add (among others): BFA Recent Comments and BFA Subscribe. And yet, I have both RSS Posts and Comments Icons (both of which work) in the header area of the page already.

I'm "assuming" these were default widgets included in the theme? So I'm not sure why I need to add them again?

There are also "Recent Posts" and "Meta" widgets already in the right side-bar of my site, and Archive and Categoriies widgets already existing on the left side-bar, but these all seem to be marked as "Add" in Available widgets as well.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.