Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Increasing maximum number of "recent posts" in sidebar

Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:39 AM
ctenos

23 posts · Jul 2009
Max number of "recent posts" entries shown in the sidebar seems to be 15, even if I write a higher number into the widget in Wordpress options. Haven't been able to find relevant code in .php files via either Atahualpa theme editor or my site's cPanel.

Can this limit be raised? If so how?

Thanks-

Ctenos
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:49 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you searched for and/or tried any other recent post plugins?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:41 AM
ctenos

23 posts · Jul 2009
Searched for a few; hadn't installed any before this issue came up. (Have since installed BFA_subscribe widget.)

-Ctenos
Old Aug 4, 2010, 08:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Which recent post plugin are you using?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 08:49 PM
ctenos

23 posts · Jul 2009
Oops - I meant widget, not plugin - it's the "Recent posts" widget that came with WP. Only settings are title and how many post titles to show.

Sorry about that. Still don't know why it limits to 15.

-Ctenos

Last edited by ctenos; Aug 4, 2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 04:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
that is a wordpress widget and is a very simple one just to showcase some of the things that can be done. You could look thru the wordpress code and see if there is a variable you could change or just use another 'Recent Posts' widget. Try some different ones out - experiment a little
Old Aug 5, 2010, 05:55 AM
ctenos

23 posts · Jul 2009
Aha - found the answer in a WP forum:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/i...osts-displayed

Apparently, the location of this code moved in the WP update. Cross-posting from
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/r...han-15-on-wp3:

The code is in wp-includes/default-widgets.php, lines 542-3 in my setup. I just did a search for the number 15 to find it.

Hope that helps others-

Ctenos