Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Facebook Blog posts screwed up

Old May 16, 2012, 09:26 AM
d_random

51 posts · Apr 2009
Hi-

I have been having this problem for months and nothing seems to fix it.
When I post my blog posts to Facebook, the thumbnail and description do not show up.

Blog post: http://ncvaw.org/blog/2012/04/22/cit...pet-ownership/

Screenshot when posted to Facebook:

Help!
Old May 16, 2012, 10:17 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
From what I know that is because of a change in how Facebook works. I think there are some plugins that may help with that or some social plugins that may help.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:26 AM
d_random

51 posts · Apr 2009
Thank you lmilesw.
The problem is with the Atahualpa because if I switch to a different theme the post shows up in Facebook fine.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:47 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
When I paste that url into Facebook the image of the dog shows fine. I struggled with this issue for quite awhile with one site and found it to be one of those areas that is hard to pin down as to cause.
Old May 17, 2012, 08:53 AM
d_random

51 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks for checking that lmilesw. I agree, I have wrestling with this problem for almost a year. It's really been driving me bonkers. I finally think I got it fixed last night. I changed my custom permalinks to:

/%category%/%postname%/

And I also used this plug in "Facebook Open Graph" By Enrique Acevedo.

I don't know which worked, but everything is displaying in facebook now.
Old May 17, 2012, 09:56 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
What was your permalink set to?