Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Category menu to show the category posts in the dropdown

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 24, 2009, 01:02 AM
gjchandler

1 posts · Jun 2009
Minnesota
Help Category menu to show the category posts in the dropdown

I would like to display the posts within specific categories in the category menu drop–down.

I've done something like this before in a different theme that was... well, more simple.

My category "Articles" displayed the posts within that category on a drop–down menu.

Code:
<li class="Largenav"><h2><?php _e('Articles'); ?></h2>
<ul> <?php
	 global $post;
	 $myposts = get_posts('numberposts=5&category=4');
	 foreach($myposts as $post) :
	 ?>
	    <li><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></li>
	 <?php endforeach; ?> 
 </ul></li>
Either where would I place this code in Atahualpa, or how else may I achieve the post–drop–down in this theme?