Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

HOWTO: create a 'no sidebar' template (or 1, 2, 3 or 4 sidebar template) ?????

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 8, 2015, 07:53 AM
mrspudgun

7 posts · Jan 2015
HOWTO: create a 'no sidebar' template (or 1, 2, 3 or 4 sidebar template) ?????

Hi there all,

I have been a member here for a while now under a different name but could not post for some reason so have made a new account, i have been using ata for a year and a half in my current project, now the reason for the title name of this post is because why is this kept away from view of regular users?

The reason i say this is because i refare back to this previous post another member made at this link
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=15058

Now if you read that link you will see the reply with a link to the question being solved that is not viewable by regular members? I have searched everywhere for the answer to this question, but cannot find it anywhere.

I am fully aware that you can turn off sidebars etc etc for specific pages (i use 3 active sidebars on most pages) but i am using a plugin that requires me to add a function to my functions.php which uses the index.php as the template otherwise the plugin will not format and work correctly so turning sidebars off on this plugins pages are not working and are still showing all 3 of the sidebars that should be deactivated.

Now the way around this for me is to create my own custom template with only 1 sidebar active for the pages that the plugin uses and force the plugin to use this template via functions.php, but now you can see my problem because if i was using an old version of ata i could use the code that the guy was using in the post i linked to above, but as you can see i cannot because that way of doing it no longer works and the answer to this question is hidden from regular users, so do i really have to become a gold member to see this answer ??? if it was any other theme there would be an easy way to create this template but as we all know ata does things a little differently (but brilliantly may i add).

So can anyone help me out with this i just need to create a damn template that uses only 1 of my sidebars? i have spent nearly 1 and a half years developing this website with ata that has been a massive task to create in terms of what my website does and offers, only to find that i need this template issue solving before i can finish and finally launch my website. thx