Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

HOWTO: create a 'no sidebar' template (or 1, 2, 3 or 4 sidebar template) ?????

Old Jan 8, 2015, 07:53 AM
mrspudgun

7 posts · Jan 2015
HOWTO: create a 'no sidebar' template (or 1, 2, 3 or 4 sidebar template) ?????

Hi there all,

I have been a member here for a while now under a different name but could not post for some reason so have made a new account, i have been using ata for a year and a half in my current project, now the reason for the title name of this post is because why is this kept away from view of regular users?

The reason i say this is because i refare back to this previous post another member made at this link
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=15058

Now if you read that link you will see the reply with a link to the question being solved that is not viewable by regular members? I have searched everywhere for the answer to this question, but cannot find it anywhere.

I am fully aware that you can turn off sidebars etc etc for specific pages (i use 3 active sidebars on most pages) but i am using a plugin that requires me to add a function to my functions.php which uses the index.php as the template otherwise the plugin will not format and work correctly so turning sidebars off on this plugins pages are not working and are still showing all 3 of the sidebars that should be deactivated.

Now the way around this for me is to create my own custom template with only 1 sidebar active for the pages that the plugin uses and force the plugin to use this template via functions.php, but now you can see my problem because if i was using an old version of ata i could use the code that the guy was using in the post i linked to above, but as you can see i cannot because that way of doing it no longer works and the answer to this question is hidden from regular users, so do i really have to become a gold member to see this answer ??? if it was any other theme there would be an easy way to create this template but as we all know ata does things a little differently (but brilliantly may i add).

So can anyone help me out with this i just need to create a damn template that uses only 1 of my sidebars? i have spent nearly 1 and a half years developing this website with ata that has been a massive task to create in terms of what my website does and offers, only to find that i need this template issue solving before i can finish and finally launch my website. thx
Old Jan 8, 2015, 08:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The thread you refer to is in the gold forums which are available to members who have donated $20 or more. It and other hints/tips are provided as extra benefits for them. There is also a diamond forum for members that have donated $100 or more
Old Jan 8, 2015, 09:42 AM
mrspudgun

7 posts · Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
The thread you refer to is in the gold forums which are available to members who have donated $20 or more. It and other hints/tips are provided as extra benefits for them. There is also a diamond forum for members that have donated $100 or more
Ty for your response juggledad but please dont slate or flame me for my response to you as im just trying to get my head around and clear this up, i have not come here to have a go at anyone etc etc, i am just being honest.

I love this theme and when i finally get my website up and running after over 3 thousand hours of work that has gone into it (yes i know your thinking what the heck has he been doing, and what is it he has actually been working on!) "all i can say its a very very ambitious project" i will definitely donate when i can.

So this is my other question to you, after visiting and using ata forums for all this time and not being able to post, then finally clearing it up on my other account via private messages with you about why i couldnt ,and then creating this new account so i could, your telling me that i need to donate to get any kind of help for the first question ive ever asked?

Now please dont get me wrong on this, but i see people asking questions all the time that are new with ata and these forums and get help and answers off other users, so just because im asking for help about something i need to do with my website and it seems the answer has been placed in the gold members forums i cannot receive any help on how to do this off anyone? even though there used to be a solution and help for this on older versions of ata without being a gold member! doesnt that then become more a case of only ask for help about something if you have sent us xxx amount of cash first?

Like i said above please dont slate me for being brutally honest, like i said i love this theme and appreciate all the work gone into it, i will 100 percent donate in the next few weeks (i cannot donate today or i would do) so now i have to wait and put all my work on hold until i can afford to donate because i cannot expect to ask for help on how to create a template with only 1 sidebar which i could easily do with any other theme but just cannot figure out with ata.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 01:08 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just uncheck the show sidebar on all the pages in ATO and you will have a one sidebar "template".
Old Jan 8, 2015, 01:28 PM
mrspudgun

7 posts · Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Just uncheck the show sidebar on all the pages in ATO and you will have a one sidebar "template".
seriously? I take it you really did not read anything i have wrote above?

As i already stated above there is a reason why i need to create an independent template! i am 100 percent familiar with ata's options and what the options actually do and how the theme works, i did not ask how to turn the sidebar off for individual pages within the theme settings, if it was as simple as doing that i wouldnt be asking for help a year and a half into developing my theme with ata!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 03:02 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You're right... I skimmed through all you have written and wrote a quick answer. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspudgun
seriously? I take it you really did not read anything i have wrote above?

As i already stated above there is a reason why i need to create an independent template! i am 100 percent familiar with ata's options and what the options actually do and how the theme works, i did not ask how to turn the sidebar off for individual pages within the theme settings, if it was as simple as doing that i wouldnt be asking for help a year and a half into developing my theme with ata!

Last edited by lmilesw; Jan 8, 2015 at 03:05 PM.