Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Possible bug in Atahualpa

Old Oct 27, 2009, 08:11 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.3 and WP 2.8.5 for my news site.

Just noticed something: I created a post with a title. After publishing (or saving a draft), the title appears on the front page. The title also appears in the title fields of the Atahualpa Post Options box under the main editing box. If I then change the title in the title field of the main editing box and publish, the title does NOT change in the Atahualpa Post Options title fields. In fact, the new title will show up in the Recent Posts widget in the left sidebar, but the old title shows up in the center column, front page.

So if I want to have the new title appear everywhere, I have to remember to change it in the ATA Post Options fields as well as in the main title field. I haven't tested this in Ata 3.4.4 yet.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
bug or feature???the new Atahualpa theme options let you have one title for a post on a single post page and another for a multi post page...feature or bug???
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:39 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Ah, I see. :-)

Maybe it's a feature OR a bug. Maybe if it could be off by default and only an option to fill in those fields at all? It's just confusing as it is, or maybe we're the only ones who will run into this.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 06:19 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
My users doing posts for the news site keep having trouble with this issue. I would like to disable the post title options fields under the editing pane. We rather frequently change a post title during revisions, and people keep forgetting to also change the 2 titles in the options, so the same article shows up in different places with different titles. This should, in my opinion, be a "feature" that can be enabled if needed but should be off by default. Too confusing, and not sufficiently useful to be on by default.

JD or Flynn, how can I disable it?

Oh, and I know it's Christmas Day, so I don't expect an answer today. Merry Christmas, wherever you all are!
Old Dec 25, 2009, 06:31 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Many times I use a smaller title on a page that shows up on a menu but want something more descriptive when the page is opened. Before ATA I would use th WPTitle2 plugin so it's kinda handy to have this function built in although I can see how this would be confusing especially to non-geeky types. What I do when I change a title is to just delete what's in those two fields and they will repopulate with the new title. Not a real fix but a bit less cumbersome.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 06:55 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
I do the same thing, delete the titles in those fields so they repopulated when the post is updated with the new title. It would be better if there were a nag screen to remind the user to deal with those fields upon changing the main title. I think part of the problem is that on many people's screens, those fields are not visible without scrolling, so they forget they're there.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 05:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2699 post #3 for advice on removing those fields
Old Dec 27, 2009, 06:40 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
OK, done. I hope Flynn can make this an option in a future release for those who do want it. Thanks!

Donation on the way.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 06:59 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Oops. I remember now. I had tried the advice in that older thread, but it caused my right sidebar on posts other than the front page to disappear. I've put functions.php back as it was for now until the correct fix can be found.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 02:43 PM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
don't delete till the end anymore, but just delete the same section as in 342 (there is new code behind this which should not be deleted in 344).

Anyhow it would be nice if this behaviour could be turned off without patching in 345 as it will create a mess with many SEO plugins too.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 04:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I've just added having the Atahualpa Page/Post Options' an option, as an RFE to the 'To DO' for 3.4.5
Old May 10, 2010, 01:44 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
I've just added having the Atahualpa Page/Post Options' an option, as an RFE to the 'To DO' for 3.4.5

So, it will then be an OPTION

Old May 10, 2010, 05:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I've requested it be a switchable option in the theme for 3.4.9