Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Debranding for a hosting site?

Old Mar 7, 2011, 02:18 AM
Danielwerner

94 posts · Jul 2009
Help [SOLVED] Debranding for a hosting site?

Hi,

I want to create a webhosting site for small businesses and I'd like to use Atahualpa to create the sites. Can I remove the branding (footer credit link) for all these sites at will, or what do you need from me in order to do this? If it is possible, that is.

FYI, if it makes any difference: I am a gold member so I have donated a bit, and I'll also make sure to credit Atahualpa on the official site.

Best regards,
Old Mar 7, 2011, 03:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Look at the gold forum tutorials
Old Mar 7, 2011, 04:01 AM
Danielwerner

94 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks for your quick answer, but I only find HOW to remove the footer. I know how to do it technically, but I wasn't sure if it's allowed to do it for a hosting site like mine. I guess it is then?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 04:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You are a gold member so websites YOU create are allowed to have the branding removed. If you create a webhosting site and allow OTHERS to use the theme to create their own sites, then you must include the branding. If they donate, they will be allowed to remove the credits.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 04:20 AM
Danielwerner

94 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
You are a gold member so websites YOU create are allowed to have the branding removed. If you create a webhosting site and allow OTHERS to use the theme to create their own sites, then you must include the branding. If they donate, they will be allowed to remove the credits.
Perfect, thanks for clearing that up.