Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

NEWER / OLDER orientation not working

Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:42 PM
bseppa

55 posts · Dec 2008
Check out this URL:

http://www.bpuseyband.com/

Click on any post. No matter the post you select anywhere in the blog, the "Newer" link is ALWAYS "The BizArt Jam Session - Run by Yours Truly" and the "Older" link is ALWAYS "Another fun filled concert at l’Apérock Café". Obviously this is not correct.

I have the value of "NEWER / OLDER orientation" on the "Next/Previous Navigation" page set to "Newer Left, Older Right".

Ideas?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 01:47 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I see the error on that site but seems to work on my test site

What settings do you have for

"Newer Post" link on SINGLE post pages

and

"Older Post" link on SINGLE post pages
Old Dec 19, 2008, 02:39 PM
bseppa

55 posts · Dec 2008
Defaults:

"Newer Post" link on SINGLE post pages
« %link

"Older Post" link on SINGLE post pages
%link »
Old Dec 19, 2008, 08:34 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I have not forgotten about this. Still looking...
Old Dec 19, 2008, 08:35 PM
bseppa

55 posts · Dec 2008
It's cool... I have 100 other things do do anyway
Old Dec 22, 2008, 03:32 PM
KittyFireFlash

1 posts · Dec 2008
Hi Am in the same hot water with the Newer / Older Orientation not working. If I deactive the posts that are presented, I get two new ones stuck.

See http://ebay.dybteam.com/

I did not have the issue with the older 2.2.1 Atahualpa (but lots of IE6 Blues), I double checked in theme preview for the older theme and the links are fine. I also did the same thing with other test themes and the links work as well.

I can not say that I noticed the problem right away. I was too busy learning the new features and customizing the look and feel at lightening speed yesterday and through the night. Using all the defaults for the navigation page.

Please have a look at the site and let me know if you have questions or things you might like me to check for you to figure out where the problem might be coming from. Unfortunately I don't know where to look to help out.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 06:01 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You both have WP 2.6.5
Installing that now...
Old Dec 23, 2008, 06:37 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It's happens if the "Recent Posts" widget is in the LEFT sidebar, and not only in 2.6.5. I should have if fixed later today
Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:03 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Fixed and will be included in the next release, hopefully today
Old Aug 27, 2009, 08:35 AM
wisecat74

3 posts · Jul 2009
I'm still having this issue, I have the most recent versions of Atahualpa and WP with no 'most recent post' widget.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance for you time.

Carlos
PixelesContraCancer.com