Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

New Post button?

Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:08 PM
Aineoin

13 posts · Jan 2010
Is there a widget for having a 'New Post' button that will be visible only to me when I'm logged in? Something that would go directly to the 'add new post' screen, without having to go through the Meta widget to the Site Admin link to the Posts link to Add New Post? I know I could skip at least two of those steps if I used the 'quickpress' block on the dashboard, but that doesn't let me play with the post date. Is there a way to go straight to the add new post page? My only other blog program experience is with blogger, and they have a button for it ...

Aineoin
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you could add a link to the footer and have it display only when you are logged in. Add this to ATO->Style & edit FOOTER->Footer: Content
HTML Code:
<?php if ( is_user_logged_in() ) { echo '<a href="http://yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-admin/post-new.php" >Add New Post</a>'; } ?>
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:26 PM
Aineoin

13 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks! I had to remove the wordpress/ from the code, and after that it works great

Is there a way to put that code into a widget, so I can play with it's placement, higher up on the page?

Actually, I'll tell you where I'd love for it to be - in the 'meta' widget. I'd love for that widget to say:

Add New Post
Site Admin
Log Out

I don't need the links for RSS or for wordpress.org. I've not yet really started digging around to see where to go to edit the info in that widget, so I don't know if it's possible to put the new post code in there. Help? Thanks!

Last edited by Aineoin; Jan 12, 2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 03:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...idebar-widget/