Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Edited theme code - site down

Old Dec 6, 2011, 02:49 AM
DeeMan

2 posts · Dec 2011
I installed version 3.7.1 on my site. I tried editing the theme code on my site's back end. After saving changes, the site went blank at both the front and back end. I then restored a pasted copy of the original code which I had saved before the modification. But still the front and back end are still blank. I have refreshed a 100times without any changes. I have launching the site through other browsers but the result is the same.

I tried following some of the suggestions in teh forum but I couldn't open up the .htaccess file located in my /public_html folder. How do I modify a file that doesn't open?

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 6, 2011 at 04:10 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 04:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you want help, do not double post! It just wastes our time.

down load a new copy of the theme and upload a fresh copy of the file you changed

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 6, 2011 at 04:10 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 04:57 AM
DeeMan

2 posts · Dec 2011
I apologize for posting twice. Didn't know both would end up on the same desk.

Thank you for your suggestion. It worked like magic! My site is fully back.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 05:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There are no 'desks' just a couple of non paid moderators and Flynn the man who wrote this amazing theme. So when your site goes down and you ask for help, remember I have my priorities:

family
paying customers
personal obligations
members who have donated to me
members who have donated
others

I don't think you can get into the 'family' category, but you can move yourself up in the list