Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Can no longer set height of header image after adding header widget

Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:06 PM
tfs

22 posts · May 2009
Today I added a header widget. After some testing I deleted the header widget, and removed it from the Atahualpa "Delete custom Widget Areas" and also from the "Configure Header Area." I verified that it's gone from the "Available Widgets" area. I've refreshed my browser's cache, logged in and out, deleted the cache folder, etc, but no matter what I do I can no longer control the height of the header image.

The actual image is 150 bytes tall, but I have the height set to 100 bytes in Atahualpa (have tried changing it to several values). No matter what I do the imaged displays as 150 bytes in the blog.

Of course I could just edit the header image to 100 bytes, but that's not really the point of my post. I'm trying to nail down what may be a bug. Any ideas?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 07:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url?

p.s. it's pixels, not bytes
Old Oct 15, 2009, 08:28 AM
tfs

22 posts · May 2009
Version is latest on both. WordPress 2.8.4. Atahualpa 3.4.4.

Not sure how I got the word "bytes" stuck in my head.

The url is http://www.c3mweb.com. It's not ready for public use, and is just a testing site for the time being. I've been tinkering with it as a possible replacement website for our existing one. I don't think my boss is going to go for it though. Too 2-d.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 08:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what do you have set at ATO->Header Image->Header Image: Height? - it looks like you have this set to 100.
It looks like you are trying to use a CSS Insert to change the height. Why?
Old Oct 15, 2009, 08:55 AM
tfs

22 posts · May 2009
I have it set to 100. But it's displaying the entire 154 pixels of the image.

Regarding using CSS insert... I know nothing. I'm a database guy, not a web guy. I added a widget to the header, and couldn't make the widget look the way I wanted, so I removed the widget. That's when I could no longer resize the header image.

Perhaps the widget left something behind?
Old Oct 15, 2009, 09:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go to ATH->HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts and see if there is the following
HTML Code:
div.header-image-container {
  padding-top:.2px;
  height:150px;
}
and remove it

this CSS insert is overriding the Header height setting in the option page since it comes last. This is why it keeps showing as 150
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:54 AM
tfs

22 posts · May 2009
You were exactly right. I don't remember putting that in there though. Could it have been added by putting a widget up there?
Old Oct 15, 2009, 01:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I've never seen of heard of the widget doing that. You must have put it in at some point

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 18, 2009 at 05:35 AM.