Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] How to stop wrapping in post footer

Old Oct 6, 2010, 03:06 PM
Grum

49 posts · Feb 2010
Scotland
I'm sure this is a really simple php thing, but I'm not great at that side of things so I'm hoping one of you clever chaps will be able to help out.

I've installed the social bookmarking plug-in AddToAny, with a view to replacing the %sociable% plug-in in my post/page footers (I tried sociable WP3.0 but can't figure out how to get it into the footer bar).
I have added the suggested code block to the footer areas in ATO/edit post-page footer items as follows:

%edit( 'Edit this post', '')% | %wp-print% | <?php if( function_exists('ADDTOANY_SHARE_SAVE_KIT') ) { ADDTOANY_SHARE_SAVE_KIT(); } ?>

What I can't figure out is how to get the Share icon bar to appear on the same line as the other footer options - it insists on wrapping to the next line, even though there is plenty of space. Am I missing something blindingly obvious here?

e.g: http://westerngeomancy.org/news/site-updated/
Using ATA 3.5.3, WP3.0.1

thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 06:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I suspect that it is something the plugin is doing.

Here is how I would figure this out. Go and view the page, then look at the source of the page (all the browsers let you look at the source code of the page being displayed. Next copy this source and save it to a text document called 'test.html' Now open that file in your browser. You should see your page and here comes the fun part. If you edit the source and save it, you can refresh the page in the browser and see the change right away. And if something messes up really bad, your editor should have an 'undo' so you can back out the last change.

Now you can find the area of the HTML that is displaying the 'share this' (I normally rip out the footer and the sidebars to de clutter things) and tweak the code to figure out what needs to be added or subtracted to get it to look the way you want.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 02:59 AM
Grum

49 posts · Feb 2010
Scotland
Hey, that's a neat trick with the source code, Juggledad. I never thought of trying that.

You're absolutely right - the plugin is adding an extra <div> that is causing the new line.

Now I just need to work out how to fix that in the plugin editor. I'm a little out of my comfort zone here as I'm still struggling up that learning curve when it comes to coding, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Thanks for the lesson - it's actually been more helpful than simply telling me the answer. That's what's so great about this forum. Much appreciated.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 12:35 PM
Grum

49 posts · Feb 2010
Scotland
After some more searching, I found that this is actually a bug in the present release of AddToAny, as detailed on the support forums.
The fix is pretty simple, just requiring a small mod on the addtoany.min.css stylesheet.
All sorted now.