Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Import settings works for defaults but not exported eettings

Old Oct 1, 2010, 03:02 PM
mad_science

15 posts · Mar 2010
I seen a couple of other people having trouble with this, too.

When I try to upload an exported set of styles/settings, I get the error "____ doesn't appear to be a valid Atahualpa Settings File"

The pre-set defaults work just fine.

Using:
Php 5.2.13
MySQL: .0.91-community
hosted on inmotion
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-set.txt (18.7 KB, 1310 views)

Last edited by mad_science; Oct 1, 2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Corrected the typo in the title.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 03:08 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What version of Atahualpa was this exported from?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 03:10 PM
mad_science

15 posts · Mar 2010

Just updated both today.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 03:50 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
What I meant was when you exported the settings file what version of Atahualpa was in use at the time? In other words what version of Atahualpa was the setting file you send exported from?

You can't export from 3.5.1 and import into 3.5.3 without some tweaks.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 03:58 PM
mad_science

15 posts · Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
What I meant was when you exported the settings file what version of Atahualpa was in use at the time? In other words what version of Atahualpa was the setting file you send exported from?

You can't export from 3.5.1 and import into 3.5.3 without some tweaks.
Understood.

And what I meant was they're both 3.5.3.

To further elaborate and make sure everything's clear:
Blog A has been around for a year
Blog B is new, I'm setting everything up now
I want Blog B to look like Blog A (or at least use it as a starting point)
Blog A was upgraded from 4.9.something to 3.5.3 today
I installed bugfix 353-1
After upgrading and bugfixing, I exported settings
Blog B was set up with 3.5.3 to begin with
Attempting to import the exported settings gives me the aforementioned error message
Attempting to import any of the "default" options (round, adsense, etc) works fine.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 04:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I have some thought but I'm going to get a second opinion. In the meantime could you export from blog A again and post that export just to make sure there wasn't something with that one. Of course you probably already tried that but...
Old Oct 1, 2010, 04:36 PM
mad_science

15 posts · Mar 2010
Just tried again. No love.

Edit: More info that might be of use to you:
When I try to upload, it gives me the error message and immediately reloads the page (or frame?). Namely, to read what the error message says I actually had to do a screengrab, then open it in paint.

I was thinking of digging around in the php to see what bit of code it is that determines whether that file's a legitimate settings file, but it's pretty buried (and I don't want to mess things up).

Newest settings file attached.

Thanks for the help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt settings_again.txt (18.7 KB, 1303 views)

Last edited by mad_science; Oct 1, 2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Added unsolicited advice
Old Oct 1, 2010, 05:01 PM
mad_science

15 posts · Mar 2010
BWAHAHAHAH!!! (evil laughter)

Fixed it.

Took my own advice and looked at how "upload.php" works. This is the condition for properly uploading:
Code:
if ( json_decode($import_options) != NULL AND strpos($import_options, 'use_bfa_seo') !== FALSE )
If either condition fails, then you get the error message.

The string "use_bfa_seo" is present, so I knew something had to be triggering json_decode to give NULL.

Turns out that for some reason WP Supercache was dumping a string onto the end of that .txt file, after the "}". This made for invalid syntax for json_decode, thus giving null.

Deleted the string, imported just fine.

Suggestion to anyone getting this error: open the txt file and look at it. Look for "use_bfa_seo" near the start and make sure the whole thing's bound between { and }.