Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How to Use Image to Point to Permalink of the Post Page

Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:09 PM
justprettygirl

7 posts · Jan 2010
Hi,

Currently we are having problem that, when the pictures attached on the front post page are clicked; they directly open up the the single image attached to it. So the question is, how can we prevent the single image from being load instead of pointing to load the whole post page or will act in the same manner when "Read More" tag are clicked.

Thanks
Regards
Fire
JustPrettyGirl.com
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just change the link attribute for the picture in the post editor which would be a manual process determining the post url and pasting into the image links to field. The other option at least in ATA 3.4.5 is to use the Post Thumbnail option in the post editor. When you click on this while creating a post you can select a photo and also click the Post url button.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:41 PM
justprettygirl

7 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks Larry for the immediate reply. Besides the manual copy and paste the URL from the post page permalink is there anyway for us to automate it?

Thanks
Regards
Fire JustprettyGirl.com
Old Jan 25, 2010, 07:19 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not sure about automation. I would check the WP plugin repository.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:39 PM
justprettygirl

7 posts · Jan 2010
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the reply. Been looking for the plugin for the effort was not rewarded, I fail to locate the required plugin.

Could you or anyone help me out on this?

Thanks
Regards
Fire JustPrettyGirl.com
Old Jan 26, 2010, 03:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
In order to automate this, you will have to dig into the WordPress code - the media code is not theme specific.

One hassle will be if you do change the link to point at the post, then even when you go to the single post page, the image will still point at the single post page, so if you inserted a small verison of teh image - you could never link to the full image unless you hand coded a seperate link in and if you are going to go to that work, why not leave it as is, because the post title takes you to the single page post and the image link takes you to the full image.

I suppose you could create a plugin that on multi-post pages, would cause the image click to take you to the single post page and on single post pages take you to the image...
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:19 PM
justprettygirl

7 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks juggledad for the advice. Think we will stick with your suggestion, to leave it as it is. In order to prevent the image from being loaded we did disable the link.

Thanks
Regards
Fire JustPrettyGirl.com