Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Problem getting site mobile ready

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 26, 2015, 03:01 AM
Alan_OldStudent

46 posts · Oct 2013
Northwest United States
Problem getting site mobile ready

I downloaded and restored my site to a WAMP server on my Windows 7 desktop computer. I then put in the code that JD suggested. In addition, I added this to the "HTML Inserts: Body Tag":
Code:
body onresize="OnResizeDocument()"
. I then compared the live site to the local site in a webpage that supposedly shows how something will look on an iphone here: http://www.responsimulator.com/.

The live site looked illegible on the emulator. The local site had text large enough to read in the emulator, but the side bars were pushed down to the bottom of the page. Is this normal behavior? I don't normally browse the web on my little iPhone 5c. I like to look at the web on my desktop (I know, so 2000s!).

I don't know how much confidence I can have in the emulator, because my live site in the emulator looks different than it does on my actual physical iPhone. When I try to look at the live site in Safari on my iPhone 5c, it looks the same as it does on my desktop, but the print is way too small to read.

This is the link to my site: http://15nowtacoma.info/

Regards,
Alan