Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] First post and individual post pages display incorrectly in IE

Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:00 AM
Newdust.com

16 posts · Nov 2009
Exclamation [SOLVED] First post and individual post pages display incorrectly in IE

Atahualpa 3.2
WP: 3.0.1

This is an error that is only happening in Internet Explorer (I'm viewing it on an XP machine if that matters), and it's driving me bonkers. Luckily this is just a test site for a redesign of newdust.com, so none of this is live.

If you'll take a look at the test site (longlivetherobot.net), you'll notice first of all that I have made quite a few customizations to the stylesheet, header.php, and index.php. If this were a car I've definitely voided the warranty at this point, but hopefully that won't be a problem. As a reference, view the site in Firefox to see how it should be displayed. In IE, you'll notice that for some reason the first post on the homepage (as well as individual post pages) doesn't seem to follow the styles I've defined for it, however as you scroll down you'll notice that every post after it is displayed as it should be. Also widgets have a 1 pixel .png transparent background that's set at "repeat scroll", and it seems to not display properly on IE either. I have installed an IE PNG fix plugin hoping that would fix the issue, but it did not.

Unfortunately I can't list off all of the tweaks and modifications I've made to the code off the top of my head, but if you have an idea of what might be causing this I will do my best to pinpoint any change I made. Thanks in advance for helping!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:33 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It has something to do with what is in the first post. Perhaps the table formatting. If you put that post as a draft I suspect the issue will not be seen.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:54 AM
Newdust.com

16 posts · Nov 2009
Well that was my first thought as well, but if you were to click any of the posts the issue is the same when viewed as an individual post page. When turned into a draft, the post below it (now the first post) inherits the issue. And if that were the case, why would it display correctly in Firefox? Thanks for the suggestion though, but I think this may be a PHP issue. Do you know of anything that affects how the first post on a page is displayed?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:07 PM
Newdust.com

16 posts · Nov 2009
I figured it out. In the index.php file, I found this sneaky little bastard:

HTML Code:
<!-- Main Column -->
<td id="middle"><bo
That extra "<bo" was accidentally added to the end of the file by myself while performing a search for the opening <body> tag. I must have typed it in without realizing I did not have the search menu opened. Anyways, let that be a lesson to all: always be wary of where your cursor is before you type anything. Thanks everyone, happy coding.