Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Problem with Next Gen Gallery?

Old Nov 24, 2010, 02:15 PM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Problem with Next Gen Gallery?

I had NextGen Gallery installed before I changed to the Atahulalpha theme when I de-activated Next Gen, then deleted it.

I found a plug in that allows users to upload images (NextGEN Public Uploader) so I installed that and then tried to re-install Next Gen gallery but it won't let me.

I tried through the wordpress interface (plugin install) then I tried just putting the files in the right place with Filezilla - the NextGen gallery shows up as in the plugin folder on Filezilla but not in the list of plugins on wordpress.

And...all the images that I had stored in the next gen gallery folders don't show up - the folders and images exist still but they dont show up

the error message I get when I try to install Next Gen is:

Destination folder already exists. /public_html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/

Plugin install failed.

If I delete everything manually and then try to use the plugin install I get a different error.

I don't understand why it is there on Filezilla but I can't see it on the wordpress backend.

Any ideas much appreciated!
Lisa
Old Nov 24, 2010, 03:20 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you tried deleting all the folders for NextGen and the upload plugin you installed?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 03:46 PM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
All of them apart from the one that holds the pictures yes and it made no difference - I checked the properties of the folders too and they are writeable when they need to be. I'm reluctant to delete the one that holds the pictures cos I'll have to manually put all the pictures back in.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 04:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
In your first post you said you deactivated NexGen and then deleted it. Can you explain exactly what you did?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 04:00 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Thank you
After I installed Atahualpha I had some problems with conflicting plugins so I de-activiated the Next Gen gallery plugin in the plugins page on wordpress.
Then I thought I didn't need it any more so I went into filezilla and deleted it. I deleted the next gen folder in the plugins folder but not the folder that next gen had created to put pictures in - I didn't realise that it would not link to those pictures any more after I deleted next gen

so, in an attempt to put it right I tried to reinstall next gen and it just wont do it.

I'm copying all the old pictures over so at least I have them then I'll delete those folders and try to install it again.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:35 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
That is probably your best bet. Let us know how it turns out.