Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Bottom margin on sidebar

Old Jul 9, 2009, 02:49 AM
peter_gilham

3 posts · Jul 2009
Hi,

Thanks for the fantastic theme, I have no prior experience in web development and am really enjoying creating a site.

I'm having a small problem with aligning the bottom of my right sidebar with the bottom of my last post, which both have distinct backgrounds. It currently runs all the way into the footer.

I've tried adding padding (moves the text around inside the container) and margins (does nothing) to create the gap but to no avail. Help would be greatly appreciated and please give an example if it involves coding as have been working through the medium of trial and error...

Many thanks,
Pete
Old Jul 9, 2009, 05:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
On the blog page, there is an area set asside after the last post, just before the footer, that is for the 'next/previous' pages navigation. If you have fewer posts than is specified at dashboard->settings->reading->Blog pages show at most ___ posts, the area will be blank. Once you exceed that number, you will see the navigation options (« Newer Entries Older Entries »)
Old Jul 9, 2009, 05:50 AM
peter_gilham

3 posts · Jul 2009
Yep have that gap at the bottom of the page.

Would like the background of the sidebar to line up with the background of the last post before the navigation options (« Newer Entries Older Entries ») that you mention.

Would that be possible?
Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm not sure. The entire sidebar is a cell in a table row (the table rows being the 'header', the 'body' and the 'footer'. As I understand it, each cell in a row has the same height as the other cells.

You could try styling the ATO->Next/Previous Navigation-> Style the Navigation BOTTOM Box
to match your post's styling
Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:47 AM
peter_gilham

3 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks for you help. Would it be possible for the sidebar background to only encompass the widgets on it and not run to the bottom?
Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I don't think so, since when you style the sidebar, you style the entire sidebar. You could NOT style the sidebar and just style the widget containers....