Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Sticky Background Color

Old Apr 8, 2009, 02:19 PM
OneSister

15 posts · Apr 2009
Really. This theme was written for the blogging idiot...like me. I am so brand new to this my eyes aren't even opened yet - only two days old! And yet, I'm blogging! I mentioned this before, Flynn, but I will have to wait until the first of the month to donate...but I will.

Also, I love the "Show Off Theme". I'll post my site soon too, but for now I'm still tweaking. I made my first post a sticky and there's a grey background color that I'd like to lose. I like the sticky icon in the corner and that's all I want. Can I change the color to match the background color of the page?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 05:46 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
In Theme Options -> Post/Page Styling -> POST Container: STICKY

Change

HTML Code:
background: #eee url(http://yoursite.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa332/images/sticky.gif) 99% 5% no-repeat;
to
HTML Code:
background: transparent url(http://yoursite.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa332/images/sticky.gif) 99% 5% no-repeat;
Old Apr 21, 2010, 09:43 AM
ericmacknight

22 posts · Oct 2009
Hi Flynn,

My problem is that the sticky.gif icon is mostly covered by the post headline's title box. I tried changing the code to 'transparent' as you advised here, but the problem remains. Is it possible that the transparent background code here is over-ridden by other code specifying a background?

I'm stumped.

Thanks in advance,

Eric
PS: forgot to include the url: http://www.EricMacKnight.com/myp9a

Last edited by ericmacknight; Apr 22, 2010 at 02:13 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 05:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do you mead the icon that is a thumbs up?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 04:24 PM
ericmacknight

22 posts · Oct 2009
juggledad,

I think it's a push-pin; but I haven't seen it for a while ;^ ). Look here: http://www.EricMacKnight.com/myp9a

Eric
Old Apr 23, 2010, 06:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the problem is that the color you set for the headline block is stepping on the sticky image. you can make the headline box a little smaller and then the icon will show thru. at ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->HEADLINE Box add teh following (make sure you put a '; after the 'background:#FCFCFC' you have there now)
HTML Code:
margin-right: 30px;
Old Apr 23, 2010, 07:15 AM
ericmacknight

22 posts · Oct 2009
That's it! Thanks so much!

(And when you come to China, look me up! )