Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

If excerpt ends during italicized string all the excerpts below are also italicized

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 25, 2013, 01:51 PM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
Exclamation If excerpt ends during italicized string all the excerpts below are also italicized

www.mayapplepress.com
Atahualpa version: 3.7.7
WP version: 3.5.1

While I was exploring an earlier (solved) issue, I once again noticed a issue which has bothered me for a while and for which I have not found a solution.

On the front page (or a category page or a tag page), if an excerpt is cut off during an italicized section of text, all the other excerpts below it on the page are also italicized.

Example: http://mayapplepress.com/category/books/poetry/
At the time of writing the first four excerpts on this category page were OK. The fifth excerpt, for A Palette of Leaves, breaks (after 175 words - which I have set in ATO) during an <em> string. Then it gives the "Read more" section, as it should, and then goes on to the next excerpt. BUT everything below the break is picking up that unclosed <em>.

At the moment I have set ATO to not strip <em> in excerpts. I'd really like to keep it in the excerpts because that it is protocol in my industry that publication names be italicized.

I could play with the number of words in excerpts each time something breaks, but that would be tiresome and if one were to shift it each time then the break would likely just move to a different excerpt and the problem would just shift about.

Thoughts?

Tried searching "italicized" in the Excerpts forum, but got no hits.

Regards