Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to remove the "A sample text widget" from Atahualpa 3?

Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:38 AM
tekop

2 posts · Nov 2010
Hello! My problem is simple; How to remove the "A sample text widget" from Atahualpa 3?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not sure what you are talking about. Can you post a link or explain more?
Old Nov 13, 2010, 05:50 AM
tekop

2 posts · Nov 2010
Hopefully this picture gives an idea what i'm meaning:
Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
That is one of the default widgets that show until you add your own choice of widgets in the sidebar. the TEXT widget is a new addition to the default widgets since WP 3.0

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 13, 2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:19 PM
derekwbeck

151 posts · Nov 2010
there is a flaw in ata 3.6.1: it creates this text box by default, which has as its text:

"A sample text widget
Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna."

I had previously used the inner right sidebar as a spacer, with no widgets, and now, I get this stupid default. The only way to eliminate it is to put a blank text widget in the inner right sidebar, but why should I have to?

PS: I'd call this a bug, not a feature.

Last edited by derekwbeck; Jan 10, 2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: added ps
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:28 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Without the default widget many people did not know the inner sidebar was turned on. If you are using the inner sidebar as a spacer you can also get rid of the content with the following CSS instead of adding an empty text widget.
HTML Code:
td#right-inner .widget {
display: none;
}