Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Can page menu item differ from page title?

Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:34 AM
bobtwom

4 posts · Jul 2010
WP and Atahualpa noobie here, so apologies in advance if this question is too basic. I have not been able to figure this out or find an answer anywhere. . .

Is is possible to have a page's reference in the menu bar be different than the actual page title? For example, I'd like the menu bar to show the page as "Background" whereas the actual page title is "Professional Background".

Thanks for the guidance.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 01:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you are using Atahualpa 3.5.1 you cant turn on Use POST/PAGE Options in the SEO section. Then on each page or post you will have a spot to put the title that will show on the page or post while the title of the page or post will be on the menu. There are plugins that will do that as well such as WP Title2.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 02:18 PM
bobtwom

4 posts · Jul 2010
I knew it had to be something simple! I haven't tackled any SEO stuff yet so I hadn't even looked in that section.

Thanks very much for the quick reply, Larry. The contributors on this site are awesome.

~Bob