Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Page menu (pages-widget): Current page item in post

Old Jun 6, 2010, 07:29 AM
unelma

18 posts · Oct 2009
Hi,

I am using Pages Widget in left sidebar.

My WP site has both pages and posts.

My problem is: I cant put background image (highlighting current page) to the post page.
It works fine in page page, but not in post.

I have been styling the Page menu like this:
ATO: CSS INSERTS:
div.widget ul li.current_page_item a, div.widget ul ul li.current_page_item a, div.widget ul ul ul li.current_page_item a {
background-image:url('/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/linkin_tausta.png') !important;
color: #4c381d;
font-weight: bold;
padding-top: 4px;
padding-bottom: 6px;
}

Could some help me, please

I am using:
WP 2.9.2.
Atahualpa 3.4.9

Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2010, 09:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is the web site so I can see what you are saying
Old Jun 6, 2010, 09:45 AM
unelma

18 posts · Oct 2009
I deleted url adress.

Last edited by unelma; Jun 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 05:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The reason you can identify the current page is that the widget adds the class 'current_page' to the LI for teh current page.

In order to know what post you are on, the widget you are using to list the posts needs to have an identifier showing which is the current post and to uniquely identify the link to the post.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:14 PM
unelma

18 posts · Oct 2009
Isnīt there anyway to do it with categories?
I have only too main categories, and it would be so easy and perfect solutions to do it with categories.

example:

div.widget ul li.cat_news_item a, div.widget ul ul li.cat_news_item a, div.widget ul ul ul li.cat_news_item a {
background-image:url('/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/linkin_tausta.png') !important;
color: #4c381d;
font-weight: bold;
padding-top: 4px;
padding-bottom: 6px;
}

and same thing with the other category.

Uniquely identify the link to the post sound very bad. I mean, I have to update css every time when someones has writed new post.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 03:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Atahualpa doesn't have any control over the category widget. You would have to go into the code for that widget and add some code so it would add a class="current_category' or something like that.

Your right sidebar (with the url changed) is this
HTML Code:
<!-- Right Sidebar -->
<td id="right">

<div id="ace-recent-posts" class="widget AceRecentPostsWidget_display">  					
		<div class="widget-title"><h3>Lorem ipsum</h3></div>
		<ul>
  			<li><a href="http://yourdomain.com/?p=155">Lorem ipsum </a></li>
  			<li><a href="http://yourdomain.com/?p=151">blog Lorem ipsum </a></li>
		</ul>
  	</div>  

<div id="ace-categories" class="widget AceCategoriesWidget_display">
  		<div class="widget-title"><h3>Kategoriat:</h3></div>		
  		<ul>
			<li class="cat-item cat-item-4"><a href="http://yourdomain.com/?cat=4" title="View all posts filed under Jutut">Jutut</a> (3)</li>
			<li class="cat-item cat-item-5"><a href="http://yourdomain.com/?cat=5" title="View all posts filed under Jutut2">Jutut2</a> (1)</li>
		</ul>
	</div>
</td>
<!-- / Right Sidebar -->
in the post, there is nothing on the LI's and on the categories, there is cat-item-X (where X is the category number)

you need to get the widget to put out something you can use. Ask the plugin's author

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 10, 2010 at 05:32 AM.