Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Remove header image and menu bar from just one page

Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:56 AM
tdill

4 posts · Aug 2009
How can I remove the header image and page menu bar from just one page? I'm currently using 3.4.2 and I have seen instructions for previous versions...but they do not work. Help please!
Old Aug 26, 2009, 06:37 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you would need to edit bfa_header_config.php and put an "if (is_page('xx'))" where xx is the page id around the code you dont want.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 07:15 PM
BradBrown

54 posts · Mar 2009
Couldn't you just use a CSS insert to hide it on that one page?

I'm thinking somethng like this:

body.page-id-XX div#imagecontainer {display: none;}
body.page-id-XX div#menu1 {display: none;}
Old Aug 27, 2009, 03:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Brad,
Great call!! don't know where my brain was.

tdill,
use Brad's solution - to find the page id, edit the page in question and look at the address of the page - it will be something like
HTML Code:
http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/page.php?action=edit&post=155
the number at the end (in this case 155) is the page id so you would put this in the ATO->HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
body.page-id-155 div#imagecontainer {display: none;}
body.page-id-155 div#menu1 {display: none;}
and this way, when you update the theme to the next release, you won't have to make any change to keep this working (unless of course Flynn decides to change the label page-id )
Old Nov 5, 2009, 07:23 AM
yupyupyup

2 posts · Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Brad,
Great call!! don't know where my brain was.

tdill,
use Brad's solution - to find the page id, edit the page in question and look at the address of the page - it will be something like
HTML Code:
http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/page.php?action=edit&post=155
the number at the end (in this case 155) is the page id so you would put this in the ATO->HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
body.page-id-155 div#imagecontainer {display: none;}
body.page-id-155 div#menu1 {display: none;}
and this way, when you update the theme to the next release, you won't have to make any change to keep this working (unless of course Flynn decides to change the label page-id )

Just started using this theme and it is awesome. The contents of this post are exactly what I am looking for, but I do not know where to put these CSS inserts. I don't know where ATO->HTML/CSS Inserts_> CSS Inserts is. Is this a file/ folder that comes with the theme or do I have to make this myself. Thanks for the great work that you do.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 07:38 AM
yupyupyup

2 posts · Nov 2009
nevermind figured it out!
Old Nov 30, 2009, 02:19 PM
tagesk

9 posts · Aug 2009
Pisa, Tuscany, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradBrown
Couldn't you just use a CSS insert to hide it on that one page?
Excellent - thank you.

Next question: How do I use this technique to remove the bar1 and bar2 which are left somewhat orphaned now that the images is gone?

[TaSK]

Last edited by tagesk; Nov 30, 2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 03:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
to get rid of bar1 and bar2 just take out the %bar1 and %bar2 at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area
Old Nov 30, 2009, 04:05 PM
tagesk

9 posts · Aug 2009
Pisa, Tuscany, Italy
Quote:
to get rid of bar1 and bar2 just take out the %bar1 and %bar2 at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area
OK, sorry, not very precise.

Here is the question again: When I use the trick mentioned here to remove the header image from one single page (front page in this case), how do I remove the bar1 and bar2 on that page (only)?

Thank you for your patience.

[TaSK]
Old Nov 30, 2009, 04:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try using this
HTML Code:
body.page-id-155 div.horbar1 {display: none;}
body.page-id-155 div.horbar2 {display: none;}
where the 155 will be changed to your page. Note that in the case of the bars, we are using a ',' instead of a '#' because the 'horbar1' and 'horbar2' are classes and the 'imagecontainer is an ID and they are referenced differently.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 03:57 PM
fretbuzz

9 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
try using this
HTML Code:
body.page-id-155 div.horbar1 {display: none;}
body.page-id-155 div.horbar2 {display: none;}
where the 155 will be changed to your page. Note that in the case of the bars, we are using a ',' instead of a '#' because the 'horbar1' and 'horbar2' are classes and the 'imagecontainer is an ID and they are referenced differently.
This is working out very nicely, however, I am not following your comment here. The code you list...I entered it into ATO>ADD HTML/CSS INSERTS and tried various spots, but it didn't work. Might there be a problem with copying the code from here and pasting it? It looks the same. Maybe I am mixed up and it should go somewhere else.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 03:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
yes, this should go into CSS Inserts. I have had occasions where I copied something and all the spaces were really unprintable characters. Try deleting each space and typing a space in it's place.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 05:21 PM
fretbuzz

9 posts · Apr 2009
The bar1 and 2 removes everythng except logo. I am trying to remove the typical RSS stuff (posts-email-comments), the search bar and the [Page Name] text. If I can't remove the RSS stuff from just the one page I at least want to get rid of the page title text.

Any ideas?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
this will get rid ofthe logo area including the rss items on the home page, change 'home' to a particular page id like the other examples if you want it on one page
HTML Code:
body.home table#logoarea {display: none;}
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:55 AM
fretbuzz

9 posts · Apr 2009
I apologize, what I meant was the div.post-headline(i think) as seen in the attached screen shot. It says "HOME". This is the title of the page. I cannot get it removed no matter what I try.

Suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2009-12-10 at 8.47.05 AM-2.png
Views:	1434
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	321  
Old Dec 10, 2009, 03:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try
HTML Code:
body.home #post-headline {display: none;}
Old Dec 10, 2009, 03:18 PM
fretbuzz

9 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fretbuzz
I apologize, what I meant was the div.post-headline(i think) as seen in the attached screen shot. It says "HOME". This is the title of the page. I cannot get it removed no matter what I try.

Suggestions?
I have tried that Juggledad, but it doesn't work. I also tried:

body.page-id-xxxxx #post-headline {display: none;}
Old Dec 10, 2009, 03:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
sorry, it should be a '.' instead of a '#' since 'post-headline' is a CLASS not an ID. Try this
HTML Code:
body.home .post-headline {display: none;}
Old Dec 10, 2009, 05:01 PM
fretbuzz

9 posts · Apr 2009
that did it! Thanks!!