Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

image not showing in background of page menu bar

Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:27 AM
rinoa3108

53 posts · Apr 2009
Hello,
Ive been trying to add this image in the page menu bar behind the buttons, but for some reason it isnt showing up. Ive copied this code from one of my other sites also using this theme whch works:

ul.rMenu {
height: 100px;
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header123.png);
padding-left: 570px;
background-color: none;

Its driving me nuts because i dont know what else it can be. The path name looks right. Can anyone help? Thanks a bunch.
www.barasia.judyly.com
Old Jul 29, 2009, 08:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'm confused, the image header123.png is showing up ( it is the red image with a yellow star and the words 'Bar Asia' and 'Curries - Noodles - Stir fries' on it.

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 30, 2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 01:01 AM
rinoa3108

53 posts · Apr 2009
Hi,
Yes it is there now, because ive changed it so that instead of using the logo background for the page menu bar background, it is a header image again ie. %image %pages, instead of just %pages. This is because now i am trying to use a negative amount to move the page menu links to the middle of the red header space. I tried it and it worked, but the bar covered the logo on the right. So now i am trying to make the page menu bar transparent. I know there are some threads on it but i havent found a css insert which specifically makes the page menu bar transparent. Anybody know the css insert? Cheers
Old Jul 30, 2009, 03:59 AM
rinoa3108

53 posts · Apr 2009
it seems to look like how i want it now. i used this css insert:

div#menu1 {
background-color: #;
}
ul.rMenu li {
height: 23px;
margin-left: 15px;
margin-top: -50px;
z-index: 10;

However now the links all overlap each other. How do i make it so that they sit next to each other horizontally and aligned to the right?
Old Jul 30, 2009, 04:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
play with 'background-color: transparent;'
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:37 AM
rinoa3108

53 posts · Apr 2009
many thanks for the quick reply.
ive made the background of the page menu bar buttons the same as the header so it doesnt show, but now when i add in the css:
the links go on top of each other. any idea why that is? here is the css insert:

div#menu1 {
}
ul.rMenu li {
height: 23px;
margin-left: 30px;
z-index: 10;