Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Sub Menu item not showing eventhough sub menu page listed as sub page of parent page

Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:08 AM
sanjayks

6 posts · Apr 2012
I need some help desparately.
I have added a page which has a parent page BUT I find that the sub page does not appear as sub menu item of the parent page in the category menu bar in atahualpa theme version 3.7.3 and wordpress 3.3.1
For example I have a parent page -Boot-camp-series which is a menu item in the category menu bar. The sub page Boot-camp-1 is a page whose parent is boot-camp-series. Eventhough I have set the page attribute for boot-camp-1 as boot-camp-series it does not appear on the category menu bar.

What is the reason for this. Do I need to change any attributes in theme options ?

I can provide the screen shot if needed.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the url?
are you using the Atahualpa menus or Wordpress custom menus?
Old May 1, 2012, 09:45 PM
sanjayks

6 posts · Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
what is the url?
are you using the Atahualpa menus or Wordpress custom menus?
The url is-cheapremedies (dot) com if this can help.

Yes, I'm using the Atahualpa menus. Please help as I'm unable to load any menu items to category and main menu.
Hampering my progress of the website development. Unable to figure out why this is happening ?

Thanks for helping jugglehead.

TIA.
Old May 2, 2012, 04:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do you have sub pages? ie when you create a page, you can make it a child page of another page. Have you dont that?
Old May 4, 2012, 12:03 AM
sanjayks

6 posts · Apr 2012
Quote:
do you have sub pages? ie when you create a page, you can make it a child page of another page. Have you dont that?
Yes, I have already said that in my First post (the original post) that I have a child page (sub page) boot-camp-1 under boot-camp-series . Even though I have put the parent and child relationship, it does not display the page.
What could be the problem I am unable to diagnose ?
Old May 4, 2012, 04:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
when using the Atahualpa automaticly generated menus, the %cat menu will show a category, not a page. If a category has a sub category AND there is a post with the sub category, then the category menu will show the parent category and then there will be a sub menu item for the child category.

If you have a category with NO posts associated with it, the cateory will not show in the menu.

Last edited by juggledad; May 5, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old May 5, 2012, 11:39 AM
sanjayks

6 posts · Apr 2012
Quote:
when using the Atahualpa automaticly generated menus, the %cat menu will show a category, not a page. If a category has a sub category AND there is a post with the sub category, then the category menu will show the parent category and then there will be a sub menu item for the child category.

If you have a category with NO posts associated with it, the cateory will not show in the menu.
Let me elaborate if I understand this clearly or not -
So you say that I cannot have "pages" in a category menu bar. I can only have posts . Right ?

In the pages menu bar I can only have individual pages and no sub -pages. Is it right ?
If yes, then How do I setup sub-pages or in other words how do I have pages hierachy ?

Looking at my two bars (one pages menu bar and the second category menu bar) Should I have to move all pages in the category menu bar and convert them into posts ?

Also would like to know how do I add(or where do I define) sub category to a category ?

TIA.

Last edited by juggledad; May 5, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old May 5, 2012, 01:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just use the WordPress menu builder. That let's you add pages or posts to either menu with dropdowns if desired.
Old May 5, 2012, 02:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Let me elaborate if I understand this clearly or not -
So you say that I cannot have "pages" in a category menu bar. I can only have posts . Right ?
If you use the Atahualpa menu, the only thing that eill shoe in the category menu are teh categories that have posts. if a category doesn't have a post, that caterory will not show up till that category is assigned to a post.

If you use teh Wordpress custome menu, you can build the menu any way you want, have a page a sub-page of a category if you want.

Quote:
In the pages menu bar I can only have individual pages and no sub -pages. Is it right ?
No, you can have lots of sub pages 7 levels deep. You just need to assign teh page a parent when you build it. (wordpress page editor)

Quote:
Looking at my two bars (one pages menu bar and the second category menu bar) Should I have to move all pages in the category menu bar and convert them into posts ?
once again, if you use the atahualpa menus, the %pages will only list pages and the %cats will only list categories. If you want to do something different, use the WordPress custom menus.

Last edited by lmilesw; May 5, 2012 at 02:40 PM.