Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Images Don't Show in IE

Old Dec 15, 2011, 02:58 PM
gkicjax

3 posts · Dec 2011
[SOLVED] Images Don't Show in IE

Hi - I'm new to the forum, but have read everything I could find on this issue-
I can see both the Banner image and the Banner Overlay in Firefox. My friend is running IE 9 & Firefox and she says the Banner Overlay is on top of the banner and it is NOT on my computer running Firefox. It shows that the banner is shorter than the full width and the Overlay is in a blank white space to the right of the banner.
However, when I go to IE 8 on my computer (I'm running IE8) there is no Banner at all and the Banner Overlay has that small box thing with a red X which shows the picture is not found.
The site is http://gkicjax.com
The Banner Image was checked and is in the correct header folder and is named gkicbanner.jpg
It was uploaded using FTP
The Style Layout is set at 99%
The Banner size is 978px X 188px
1. Why does my friend see the banner larger than I see it?
2. Why can she see the Banner in IE?
3. Why can't I see the Banner in IE, nor can my boss?

I'm running Wordpress 3.3 & have upgraded the Atahualpa Theme to 3.7.3

Hel...P, Please.....
Leslie

Last edited by gkicjax; Dec 15, 2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try using the fully qualiified path to the image
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:10 AM
gkicjax

3 posts · Dec 2011
Good Morning Juggledad
I tried that- doesn't help
I also deleted & re - downloaded the whole theme.
So here is what I see...
Now the default images show in IE8
So I loaded my banner image and IE8 doesn't show it. I did notice that it's a much bigger file than the default images. The one that shows is a file size of 45904 for the default banner where my banner file size is 693697...I wouldn't think that would be an issue but?? since that's the only difference I see???
I even tried renaming my banner to one of the default banner names and reuploading it and there again, IE8 will not show my image but does show the default images when refreshed (since I haven't yet deleted them)
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 01:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
your images have a color space of CMYK vrs RGB and I beleive IE has an issue with CMYK
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:32 PM
gkicjax

3 posts · Dec 2011
Thanks Juggledad
I think I figured that out about the same time you posted! I went back to the previous long thread and saw your post there about the RBG format issue. I use Corel Draw but never paid attention to that formatting issue before. I don't think I will ever forget after the long day of frustration I've had.
Thanks so much!
Warning to all who use an illustration program - check if you are saving your jpg as a RPG or CMYK - only RPG works on IE8 !!
Leslie