Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Items to display in widget

Old Oct 27, 2009, 04:04 PM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
I'm currently using Query Posts to display posts from a category in a sidebar. It works great BUT what I really want is to control what appears. I want to display ONLY the category name, post title, thumbnail and the excerpt. Is there a way to make Query Posts work OR is there a plugin that would be better suited to the job?

Thanks!
Sharon
Old Oct 28, 2009, 04:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
is this a plugin or are you coding it directly. If so, what is your code?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 05:44 AM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks for your reply! No it is just a plugin, called Query Posts. I thought someone might either know of a 'trick' to change what is displayed or, if not, perhaps recommend a different plugin that does what I need.

Thanks,
Sharon
Old Oct 28, 2009, 05:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you posted a question to the plugin's author?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 06:01 AM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
No, I haven't. As I said, I was just as happy to find a different plugin that already displayed things as I wanted. (I'm no coder so the solution needs to be easy!) IF someone here knew of something, that would be great. If not, well, then trying to contact the author of this one is certainly an option!

Thanks,

Sharon