Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Custom Taxonomies Insert in Footer, Kicker, Byline

Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:45 AM
MoriokFutai

29 posts · Jul 2010
Hi guys,

Can anyone please help with a question related to taxonomies? I spent the last 2 days on it and I am ready to give up ...

On http://CooliStuff.com, I use a custom taxonomy management plugin called Ultimate CMS (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ultimate-cms/). I created a couple of taxonomies and I would like them to be inserted in the footer of the posts.

While modifying the footer (ATO / Posts & Pages / Edit Post/Page Info Items) we can insert Tags (%tags-linked(', ', ', ' - ')%) and Categories (%categories-linked(', ')%), but there is no way to insert the custom taxonomies.

Can anyone please point a way to insert the taxonomies in the footer?
If this is not possible - Can anyone please point a different plugin that would accomplish this?

Thank you in advance
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you try playing with %meta('xxx') as described in the options?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:02 PM
MoriokFutai

29 posts · Jul 2010
Hi JuggleDad,

Thanks for answering.

I did try to add %meta% to the footer, but it only pulls a post custom field called "pvs_views".
It does not trigger the Custom Taxonomies I set up for the post via the Ultimate CMS plugin.

Another thing is that I tried about 5 sidebar widgets that display Custom Taxonomies. They all see the custom taxonomies crated with Ultimate CMS, but none of them sees the pvs+views custom field, so even if I drop the plugin usage for the native custom fields, I get another issue - displaying the custom fields in the sidebar, as no plugin "sees" them.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
After looking at the support issued on wordpress.org for this plugin, I'd think about searching for another solution.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In a quick search at wordpress.org I saw several plugin that use a shortcode to display posts from a particular taxonomy. You could perhaps put the appropriate shortcode in a shortcode aware widget or they may even come with their own widget.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 02:26 PM
MoriokFutai

29 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks guys,
I like the idea of a full featured taxonomy manager, so I will follow JuggleDad's advice to look for another plugin.

@lmilesw - I will try to find a plugin that allows the taxonomies to be called by a shortcode and use the shortcode in the footer as you advise.