Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Body for pages doesn't display after updating from Atahualpa 3.5.3 to 3.7.3

Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:37 AM
William Smith

7 posts · Sep 2010
Saint Paul, MN
Send a message via AIM to William Smith Send a message via Skype™ to William Smith
I'm working to manually update from Atahualpa version 3.5.3 to 3.7.3. Our site contains both pages and posts.

http://www.officeformachelp.com

Everything looks fine with posts but when I view pages the header image displays the default rotating flower graphics instead of my static custom image, the body of the page is empty and the footer is missing. I've checked the source of the pages and found the last few lines are:

Code:
	<!-- Main Body -->	
	<tr id="bodyrow">

<!-- Main Column -->

<td id="middle">
Additionally, the favicon is not appearing for the entire site even though it's in my atahualpa373/images/favicon folder.

The problem persists even if I disable all plug-ins.

Currently, the site is reverted to the working Atahualpa 3.5.3 version.

Any ideas for where I should I begin troubleshooting this? I appreciate any help and insight.

bill
Old Jan 2, 2012, 01:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would try uploading a fresh copy of Atahualpa 3.7.3. Something may have happened in your first upload.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 09:21 PM
William Smith

7 posts · Sep 2010
Saint Paul, MN
Send a message via AIM to William Smith Send a message via Skype™ to William Smith
Just tried a freshly uploaded and unzipped 3.7.3 and the same thing happens. Bizarre.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 04:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What happens if you set permalinks to the default
Old Jan 7, 2012, 04:08 PM
William Smith

7 posts · Sep 2010
Saint Paul, MN
My fault for not keeping up with Wordpress and Atahualpa changes.

I replicated the site on a different server for testing and began a side-by-side comparison of 3.5.3 and 3.7.3 theme options. Under "Style and edit CENTER COLUMN" I found differences where PHP was once allowed but is no longer allowed within the theme because of Wordpress security changes. I'll need to study this more but this appears to be the area of the problem.

Thanks to both of you for your help.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 06:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The code that was in that area is now in index.php
Old Jan 7, 2012, 07:56 PM
William Smith

7 posts · Sep 2010
Saint Paul, MN
Thanks. After looking over my past work I think all I really need to do is modify my template files using the index.php file as a guide and I'll be set.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 01:45 PM
William Smith

7 posts · Sep 2010
Saint Paul, MN
Just a follow up. Converting my template pages to work with the updated Atahualpa theme was as simple as copying the entire /wp-content/themes/atahulapa373/index.php contents and replacing my most of my custom templates code. Fortunately, I'm decent about adding notes to my code.