Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Is it possible to ftp up new images to replace the header?

Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:34 PM
LocalGoogleGuru

7 posts · Jul 2009
Frederick, Maryland
Send a message via AIM to LocalGoogleGuru Send a message via MSN to LocalGoogleGuru
I can see from other forum posts that we can alter or replace the logo image, is it possible to replace the rotating header graphic?

And if we do can we also get those custom images to rotate?

I'm guessing that if I renamed my images IMG_1479.jpg and IMG_1496.jpg then the rotation provided by the javascript would still work.

If my thinking is correct must the size of the custom images I upload be identical?

thanks

David Bruce Jr
Local Organic Search Ranking
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:06 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The names of the images don't matter, only the naming format, and the sizes can be different too. See Theme Options -> Header Image -> header Images

You can delete/rename/upload images. The theme will look into that directory and take whatever it finds there
Old Jul 11, 2009, 05:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
LocalGoogleGuru
one other thing, the rotate images javascript got dropped in 3.4 and 3.4.1 - see post 27 in http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...?t=1307&page=2 for a fix
Old Jul 11, 2009, 11:35 AM
LocalGoogleGuru

7 posts · Jul 2009
Frederick, Maryland
Send a message via AIM to LocalGoogleGuru Send a message via MSN to LocalGoogleGuru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
The names of the images don't matter, only the naming format, and the sizes can be different too. See Theme Options -> Header Image -> header Images

You can delete/rename/upload images. The theme will look into that directory and take whatever it finds there

Can I set a static image?

How would I accomplish this... remove all the images within the directory save one?

I'm not quite ready to upload several images although that is the end game plan.
for now I'm still configuring the rest of the blog

many thanks for quick response over a weekend btw

Local Organic Search Ranking by David Bruce Jr of Frederick Web Promotions
Old Jul 11, 2009, 12:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Yup, just have one image and it will be the only one shown
Old Jul 11, 2009, 01:11 PM
jankph

93 posts · Jul 2009
ATA 3.6.4 and WP 3.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
LocalGoogleGuru
one other thing, the rotate images javascript got dropped in 3.4 and 3.4.1 [/url] for a fix
I have 3.4 and MY images rotate fine. Are they not supposed to?
Old Jul 11, 2009, 02:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
There are two ways images will rotate. The first is each time you request a page, the image changes.

The second was added in 3.3.3 where you could set a time to rotate the image. Say you had it set for 5 seconds, then every 5 seconds the image on the page would change without you having to switch to a new page.

The second method was left out of 3.4 and 3.4.1 but should be back in in 3.4.2, theree is code in the sticky that tells you where to add the code in 3.4 and 3.4.1 if you want to put it in.