Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Made the change, now having widget problem

Old Apr 1, 2009, 01:48 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Made the change, now having widget problem

The customizations you helped me with for the header to show a specialized ad for different categories has been working fine, even after changing to 3.3. However, now a right sidebar widget, which should show only on the obits category, is not showing. It's the AZ_index plugin, and the PHP
Code:
[az-index id="4"]
shows up in the sidebar, not the obituary index itself. It was working fine in the previous version of the theme, so I wonder if I made a modification to some important file and can't remember which or where. Can you think of which file would be the problem?

http://larchmontgazette.com/wp27/category/obits/

Last edited by paulae; Apr 1, 2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 07:20 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You're using a regular text widget there, are you sure that is the right one? Shouldn't that be the AZ_index widget or at least a PHP code widget (instead of the regular text widget)
Old Apr 1, 2009, 07:41 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Ah. I'm losing my mind!

I'd forgotten that I had to add
Code:
add_filter('widget_text', 'do_shortcode');
to functions.php.

It's working now, on the main Obituaries page, but for some reason, not on the individual pages. I still have something to figure out, it seems.

Last edited by paulae; Apr 1, 2009 at 07:43 PM.