Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

images not aligning

Old Apr 24, 2011, 02:59 AM
doctordan

2 posts · Jan 2011
images not aligning

Trying to place multiple images in wordpress on a static page. There's often white space above, sometimes don't go to the right place, and then they refuse to be manipulated with the mouse.
Anyone know what's going on?

page found here: http://www.theoriginalmedicine.com/?page_id=15

Any help gratefully received.

p.s. Have tried fiddling with the style.CSS code a bit to no avail (not worse either). Currently have a mess but here it is:

img.centered {
display: block;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}
.aligncenter{
display: block;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}

img.alignright {
padding: 4px;
margin: 0 0 2px 7px;
display: inline;
}

img.alignleft {
padding: 4px;
margin: 0 7px 2px 0;
display: inline;
}

.alignright,div.alignright {
float:right;
margin:0px 0 5px 10px
}

.alignleft {
float: left;
}
Old Apr 24, 2011, 05:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
For one thing your HTML for the post is messed up. You have a <div then a <dl> then a <dt> a couple links and images then you close the <div> before the <dl>

So start by cleaning up your HTML and then move on from there
Old Apr 24, 2011, 04:08 PM
doctordan

2 posts · Jan 2011
thanks. that kind of makes sense in the same kind of way that when someone who speaks french tells you that your grammar is messed up, even if you're not entirely sure why.

however... why is wordpress messing this up? I'm not writing that code, wordpress is?!
Old Apr 24, 2011, 04:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Think of things as boxes. There is a <div>....</div> pair (start and end) that's a box. It can be inside another box and/or there can be boxes inside it.

If you are using something that is causing the syntax to get messed up, then you need to address that. It could be the editor you are using (mceTemp??)

Try disabling that plugin and see what the syntax looks like