Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Unable to manage widgets

Old Apr 6, 2011, 07:48 AM
wilkohardenberg

2 posts · Apr 2011
[SOLVED] Unable to manage widgets

Even if I've updated to the latest Wordpress and Atahualpa versions I cannot manage my widgets: when I go the widget management page I cannot open the sidebar boxes nor move widgets to the only open box. What could be the problem?

Wilko
Old Apr 6, 2011, 08:10 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
  • Did you try deactivating plugins?
  • Do you get the same issue with the TwentyTen theme?
  • Have you tried anything else?
  • Did this just start occurring?
  • Could you supply a link to the site?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 01:32 PM
wilkohardenberg

2 posts · Apr 2011
Thanks!

It occurred also with TwentyTen, but was solved by deactivating all plugins and reactivate them then one by one.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 06:35 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
I'm having a similar problem except the usual "shut off all plugins" ain't working.

This happened when I upgraded the following:

WP 3.0 to 3.1.1
Athualpa 3.4.9 to 3.6.3

It'd been a few months since I worked on the site since the client put it on hold, so that's what all the upgrading was about.

When I was deactivating plugins, I noticed a 403 unable to delete error for My Category Posts. I thought this was because of a menu conflict with Atahualpa using the WP3 menu items. So I went into FTP and deleted it manually. Still having the problem.

The bigger problem now is that since I deactivated and reactivated the theme, it wiped out all of my widget settings. I see them at the bottom of used widgets but they're no longer in the sidebars.

I've also tried it on Twenty Ten theme, and that's having the same problems. Should I try overwriting the widgets.php file in WP-Admin?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 06:37 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
The URL is www.wirelessalarmsolution.com. I have a splash page plugin right now, click on Admin Login to see the site.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 06:44 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
FIXED! I stumbled upon a suggestion to download the Use Google Libraries function to optimize several javascripts. It works.

(PHEW)