Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Margin Height for whole theme

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:47 PM
idg

21 posts · Mar 2009
Seattle, WA
Help Margin Height for whole theme

I'm messing around with final tweaks, so this might seem obscure.

I need to move the whole theme container down with HTML Margin-Height (or some other solution). This is typically very easy in HTML layouts. I tried using the "Layout" settings, but since the layout has a 1px border around the page it's giving me a empty buffer with the container style color between the outline and the header image which doesn't work aesthetically.

I thought I could do it with a HTML/CSS insert at "HTML Inserts: Body Tag" and it moved it down enough, but the HTML "marginheight="22" topmargin="22" for some reason was being displayed as text as well (so small I thought it was dirt on my monitor, until I highlighted it and copied it into a text editor to see what it was).

Perhaps I'm entering the HTML incorrect in the window. Maybe a bracket, semi-colon, etc missing, I don't know.

Is there an easy way to move the entire page down about 20 pixels of background color (all content that gets displayed with the theme opens below?).

Thanks as always!